Crop Care Leading Hand
- Full-time permanent position offering security and stability
- Join a rapidly growing, family-owned business
- Leadership opportunity
Flavorite is Australia's premier grower and marketer of flavoursome vine-ripened, glasshouse grown produce which is stocked in major supermarkets across Australia and overseas. Established in 1994, Flavorite is a family owned business that maintains its competitive edge through constant innovation. The farm is located in Warragul and currently covers in excess of 26 hectares of protected undercover cropping, employing more than 350 employees.
The Crop Care Leading Hand is responsible for ensuring Crop Care Team Members complete the Crop Care tasks to achieve the relevant KPIs and quality requirements for the specific crop.
Duties will include:
- Complete Crop Care tasks to specific KPIs
- Truss Pruning
- Pollinating (Whacking & Blowing)
- Arch Supporting
- Other Crop Care tasks as required
- Assist the Crop Care Supervisor in the training and development of team members to complete Crop Care tasks
- Assist the Crop Care Supervisor by checking quality of tasks completed throughout the greenhouse
- Give clear direction, instruction and support to all team members
- Participate in weekly training in all aspects of Crop Care Supervision
- Perform Higher Duties in the absence of Crop Care Supervisor
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 6 months demonstrated capability to undertake Crop Care tasks
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Quality Orientation
- Motivation and Initiative
- Patience and diversity awareness
- Planning and organisational skills
- Safety orientation
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions
It will be desirable for the successful candidate to have 1-2 years’ experience in Crop Care as well as a forklift license, basic computer skills and machinery operation experience.
To view the position description, please click here.
How to apply
If you feel that you meet the above criteria, please complete your application below.
Applications close: COB Monday, 30 April 2018