- Are you used to managing large workforces?
- Like the idea of being a part of a highly diverse team?
- Interested in pursuing a career within our Nursery department?
Flavorite Hydroponic Tomatoes is Australia's premier grower and marketer of flavoursome vine-ripened, glasshouse grown produce which is stocked in major supermarkets across Australia and overseas. Established in 1994, Flavorite is a family owned business that maintains its competitive edge through constant innovation. The farm is located in Warragul, which is ideally situated in the Gippsland food bowl and currently covers in excess of 32 hectares of protected under cover cropping, employing more than 350 employees.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a reliable and people orientated individual to join our Nursery Department. This is not your ordinary growing environment, we utilise highly specialised growing techniques to sow and propagate our plants, and the people that undertake these tasks are integral to its success.
The Grower - Nursery is responsible for assisting in the development, management and implementation of the growing strategies in order to achieve relevant KPIs and quality requirements for the specific crop.
- Management of team including recruitment; induction; orienting and training of all employees
- Manage workloads through supervision and delegation
- Manage rosters
- Performance management of direct reports ensuring quality and achievement of KPIs
- Undertake annual performance appraisals for all direct reports
- Responsible for employee engagement and development
- Manage labour hours
- Perform/Assist with nursery tasks to ensure target times are going to be achieved
- Liaise with Senior Grower- Nursery regarding the nursery crop planning for the following week
- Ensure the correct nursery equipment and tools are available and ready for use
- Ensure enforcement of hygiene protocols through uniforms, foot baths, hand wash, hand dips etc
- Operate forklift to load and unload materials
- Train and supervise safe operation of Nursery equipment
- Assist Senior Grower – Nursery with the management of the Nursery’s growing environment using climate control software
- Respond to on call Nursery alarms
- Manage labour to achieve order timelines
- Assist with implementation of growing strategy
- Assist with project management of orders
- Operate nursery equipment; ie blocking on, sowing machine, spreader
- Make fertiliser mix to specifications
- Manage waste removal
- Manage IPM Monitoring and reporting
- Manage crop registration
- Assist with management of trial and germination testing
- Implement crop strategy relating to irrigation, growing environment, crop care and IPM
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent practical experience
- Previous staff management experience
- Coaching & training skills
- Demonstrated experience in a similar environment and/or industry
- Well-developed computer skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong safety awareness
- A high attention to detail
- Sound judgment
- Quality orientation
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- The ability to follow instructions
- Demonstrated consultative communication skills
- The ability to build and maintain relationships
The successful applicant will be required to successfully obtain and maintain First Aid certification and a valid Forklift licence.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please complete your application below.
Applications close: COB 25 October, 2018
This is a full time role therefore you must have full working rights to apply for this role.