- Looking for a tree change? The location of Warragul is 1 hour from the city
- This is an opportunity to supervise a diverse and dynamic workforce
- This is an opportunity to join one of the leading producers of fresh produce
Flavorite is Australia's premier grower and marketer of flavoursome vine-ripened, glasshouse grown produce which is stocked in major supermarkets across Australia and overseas. Established in 1994, Flavorite is a family owned business that maintains its competitive edge through constant innovation. The farm is in Warragul, which is ideally situated in the Gippsland food bowl and currently covers more than 32 hectares of protected under cover cropping, employing up to 350 employees.
Reporting directly to the Packing and Distribution Manager, this position is responsible for coordinating the packing functions to ensure that quality and timeliness of customer orders meet expectation.
Duties will include:
- Management of team including recruitment; orienting and training of all employees
- Performance management of direct reports ensuring quality and achievement of KPIs
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels are available to meet the weekly packing tasks
- Organise the setup and start-up of all packing machinery
- Organise the sequence in which orders will be produced
- Ensure all orders are completed within the required timeframes
- Ensure all personnel are adhering to company policies and procedures
- Ensure all equipment is maintained appropriately
- Be an advocate for OH and S compliance
- Manage the health and wellbeing of team members
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous production packing experience
- Previous team management experience
- Quality orientation
- Safety orientation
- Results orientation
- Sound judgement
- Training and Coaching experience
It will be desirable for the successful candidate to have previous experience in the FMCG industry or working with perishable product.
To view the position description, please click here.
How to apply
If you feel that you meet the above criteria, please complete the below application.
Applications close: Tuesday 4 June, 2019