Warragul VIC 3820
- Full-time permanent position offering security and stability
- Join a rapidly growing, family-owned business
- Leadership opportunity
Flavorite is Australia's premier grower and marketer of flavoursome vine-ripened, glasshouse grown produce which is stocked in major supermarkets across Australia and overseas. Established in 1994, Flavorite is a family owned business that maintains its competitive edge through constant innovation. The farm is in Warragul, which is ideally situated in the Gippsland food bowl and currently covers more than 30 hectares of protected under cover cropping, employing up to 350 employees.
Flavorite is undergoing a high level of growth & to continue our focus on excellence in all facets of operations, we are looking for a dynamic individual to join our leadership team.
The Harvest Supervisor is responsible for managing all resources to ensure the implementation of the picking strategies are undertaken to achieve budgeted production levels.
- People Management including recruitment; orienting and training of all employees
- Management of workloads and rosters through supervision and delegation
- Performance Management of direct reports ensuring quality and achievement of KPIs
- Employee engagement and development
- Ensuring picking tasks are completed within target times by undertaking picking when required
- Liaising with Senior Picking Supervisor regarding the picking strategy for the following week and that the appropriate staffing levels are available to meet the weekly picking tasks
- Organising the setup and start-up of all picking including trolleys, equipment and all resources required
- Managing extra labour requirements when picking poor quality fruit and/or any other additional production tasks
- Assisting in forklift work as required
- Checking picking forecast and planning picking accordingly
- Reporting all fruit issues to Senior Picking Supervisor
- Minimise spread of disease through adherence to all hygiene protocols
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous team management experience
- Training and Coaching experience
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Results orientation
- Diversity awareness
- Sound judgement
- Planning & organisational skills
- Able to follow procedures & instructions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Quality orientation
- Safety orientation
This is full time position with some variation in hours through the peak growing season.
If you are the successful applicant, you will be given comprehensive training to understand the quality and performance requirements for all picking tasks.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please complete the application below.
Applications close: Tuesday 6 August, 2019.
THIS IS AN ON-GOING POSIITON, THEREFORE NOT AVAILABLE TO WORKING HOLIDAY VISA HOLDERS