Crop Care Leading Hand
- Full-time permanent position offering security and stability
- Join a growing business
- Located in Katunga, Victoria, 30 minutes North of Shepparton
Flavourwave is one of Australia's premier growers and marketers of flavoursome vine-ripened, glasshouse grown produce which is stocked in major supermarkets across Australia. Flavourwave maintains its competitive edge through constant innovation. Located in Katunga, the farm is ideally situated in the Goulburn Valley food bowl and currently covers 10 hectares of protected under cover cropping.
Flavourwave is undergoing a high level of growth and is looking for interested people to join our Crop Care team.
The Crop Care Leading Hand is responsible for assisting the Crop Care Supervisor with coordinating Crop Care Team Members to complete the Crop Care tasks to achieve the relevant KPIs and quality requirements for the crop.
Duties will include:
- Complete Crop Care tasks to specific KPIs
- Truss Pruning
- Pollinating (Whacking & Blowing)
- Other Crop Care tasks as required
- Participate in training in all aspects of Crop Care Supervision
- Assist the Crop Care Supervisor by checking quality of tasks complete throughout the glasshouse
- Assist the Crop Care Supervisor in the training and development of team members to complete Crop Care tasks
- Give clear direction, instruction and support to all team members
- Perform Higher Duties in the absence of Crop Care Supervisor
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 6 months demonstrated capability to undertake Crop Care tasks
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Quality Orientation
- Motivation and Initiative
- Patience and diversity awareness
- Planning and organisational skills
- Safety orientation
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions
It will be desirable for the successful candidate to have 1-2 years’ experience in Crop Care as well as a forklift license, basic computer skills and machinery operation experience.
This is full time position with some variation in hours through the peak growing season. It represents a core role that is integral to Flavourwave's continued success.
To view the position description, please click here.
How to apply
If you feel that you meet the above criteria, please complete your application below.
Applications close: COB Friday 9 August, 2019
AS THIS IS A FULL TIME ROLE, VISA HOLDERS NEED NOT APPLY