Packing Leading Hand
- Due to expansion and growth Flavorite has 1 Packing Leading Hand position available
- Full time position working a 5 days per week (Monday - Friday)
- Stable employment in a local organisation
Flavorite is Australia's premier grower and marketer of flavoursome vine-ripened, glasshouse grown produce which is stocked in major supermarkets across Australia and overseas. Established in 1994, Flavorite is a family owned business that maintains its competitive edge through constant innovation. The farm is in Warragul, which is ideally situated in the Gippsland food bowl and currently covers more than 32 hectares of protected under cover cropping, employing up to 350 employees.
Flavorite is undergoing a high level of growth & to continue our focus on excellence in all facets of operations, we are looking for a dynamic individual to join our leadership team.
Reporting directly to the Packing Supervisors you will be responsible for assisting with the coordination of the packing functions to ensure the quality and timeliness of customer orders meet expectations.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Operate a range of packing machines in accordance with daily orders
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are in working order and available for use when required
- Report all issues to the Packing Supervisor
- Responsible for ensuring packaging items are stored correctly and are easily accessible within the pack house
- Assist with cleaning and housekeeping activities
- Assist the Packing Supervisor:
- to manage workloads through supervision and delegation
- in training and development of team members to complete packing tasks
The successful candidate will have:
- Sound computer skills
- Ability to communicate across different cultures
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills
- Strong quality and safety orientation
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Strong result orientation
Desirable skills include:
- A current forklift license
- Previous team management experience
- Previous warehouse packing experience
- Experience operating packing machinery
Please click here to view the Packing Leading Hand position description.
This is a full-time position with some variation in hours through the peak growing season.
If you are the successful applicant, you will be given comprehensive training to understand the quality and performance requirements for all packing tasks. Upon successful completion of this training you will then transition into the Leading Hand role.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please complete the application below
Applications close: Sunday, 19 January 2020