Across the Mid North Coast, Just Better Care provides in-home aged care and disability support services, supporting people to live independently
Explore the opportunity to develop your career in the growing aged care and disability industry. We are currently looking for a Full Time Case Manager to join our Mid North Coast team.
Case Managers perform an integral role in ensuring individualised services are developed and delivered to our Aged & Disability customers. They are responsible for the development, maintenance and review of individualised support plans in consultation with customer, their family or guardians and the key health professionals.
Just Better Care Mid North Coast is a organisation that ensures that supports are client focused and employees value the important role they play in supporting people with Ageing or Disability needs.
- Undertake comprehensive customer assessment and planning by assessing, monitoring, reassessing and reviewing the needs of the customer.
- Ensure appropriate information is provided and explained to the customer at all times regarding the service agreement, including the customer handbook.
- Where applicable, develop strategies which will address the identified needs of the customer in consultation with their representative/s where appropriate, in accordance with funding guidelines.
- Provide financial and case management services to customers, and representatives where required.
What you will need:
- Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills, including familiarity with, and confidence in using, the Microsoft Suite
- Understanding of NDIS &/OR Aged Care Funding programs
- Proven relationship management with all internal and external stakeholders, as well as good interpersonal, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Current Criminal Record Check
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Tertiary qualifications in Community Services, Human Services, Nursing or equivalent
- Previous experience in the community care or health/aged care sector
What we offer:
- Growing organisation which focuses on quality support
- Training & professional development opportunities (including free access to online learning tools & programs)
- Friendly, Fun, flexible and supportive work environment
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Program
- Staff recognition programs
If you would like to join our growing team and become part of our friendly, professional network please Apply today.