About the Role
The Operations Department is seeking applications from suitably experienced candidates for the positions of Machinery Operators.
Reporting to the Operational Supervisors and working in a dedicated team, you will be accountable for all bulk material handling for unloading, Shiploading, stockpile management and earthworks operation processes within their respective skills set. The role will include machinery operation, civil/earthworks operations, inspections, trouble shooting, shipping movements and general labouring work on plant and equipment to support its safe and efficient operation.
In addition, you will:
- Undertake duties in accordance with:
- The Production Operator Job Model to support the efficient operation of all GPC plant and equipment;
- Known routines, methods and procedures which require the exercise of discretion and judgement.
- Undertake safe work practices and promptly address any safety issues for hazard minimisation and injury prevention;
- Comply with GPC’s environmental control policies/procedures and promptly address environmental issues to minimise harm;
- Complete set work schedule, prioritising against established plans and strategies:
- Prioritise work to ensure quality job completion within identified timeframes.
- Work towards achieving financial responsibility through identification of cost saving measures and effective utilisation of resources;
- Comply with all the Health, Safety and Environment management system requirements;
We are looking for a enthusiastic and passionate Operators who have great personal drive and hold the following qualifications; C Class Drivers Licence, Dozer ticket, Front End Loader and Excavator tickets.
Please complete the online application form and submit a cover letter, resume and copies of any qualifications as part of your application.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description.
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting the careers team on (07) 4976 1686.
Applications are to be received prior to 4:30pm, Wednesday 3rd February 2021, and must be submitted via www.gpcl.com.au/careers.