Civil Engineering Designer
Career and lifestyle
- Salary ranging from $72,745.92 per annum with competency-based increments up to $86,169.67 per annum, plus 9.5% super
- 70 hour, 9 day fortnight
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
As our Civil Engineering Designer, you will manage multiple projects and will be responsible for designing and drafting at an advanced level from concept through to detailed design construction plans for all divisions of Council.
You will report directly to the Supervisor - Civil Engineering Design.
Some of the key responsibilities:
- Provide specialised civil engineering design and drafting services from project concept through to detailed design
- Prepare accurate cost estimates for incorporation in construction and budgetary programs and contract documents
- Develop and add to design practices and processes.
We are looking for:
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering (Design) or equivalent, and relevant design experience
- Thorough knowledge of engineering design requirements relating to roadworks, drainage, community facilities, water and sewer facilities and structural detailing
- Demonstrated advanced skills in computer-aided engineering design and drafting
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of Australian standards, design guidelines relevant to the design of roads, drainage, sewer and water infrastructure.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 29 January 2021 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process. Click here for more information.
How To Apply
Please note: You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address selection criteria, click here.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
1. Associate Degree in Civil Engineering (Design) or equivalent, and relevant design experience.
2. Thorough knowledge of engineering design requirements relating to roadworks, drainage, community facilities, water and sewer facilities and structural detailing.
3. Demonstrated advanced skills in computer aided drafting and engineering design (preferably using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Civil Site Design and Magnet).
4. Demonstrated skills in computer aided drafting (preferably AutoCAD).
5. Knowledge of constructions methods to ensure practical and economic designs.
6. Knowledge of and experience in the use of Australian standards, design guidelines relevant to the design of roads, drainage, sewer and water infrastructure.
7. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple design projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
8. Demonstrated ability to measure quantities and prepare construction estimates.
9. Possess good communication skills, both written and verbal.
10. Possess good organisational and time management skills.
11. Demonstrated ability to read survey plans accurately and interpret survey field data.
12. Knowledge of Council Policies and the requirements of Statutory Authorities as they relate to design matters.
13. Current Vehicle Licence - Car.
14. Experience in Local Government.
15. Knowledge of Council’s operations and responsibilities and the roles of relevant Government Departments.
16. Ability to produce architectural building plans and knowledge of relevant building codes/Australian standards.
17. Contract administration/ preparation.
18. GIS experience.
OFFICE USE ONLY